Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hunter Star; A Fat Quarter Shop, Classic and Vintage QAL

The newest Classic and Vintage Quilt Along being offered by the Fat Quarter Shop is the Hunter Star block. Several participants have made a block and several others have made a functional quilt. This particular pattern has been designed to be done "scrappy". My favourite way of working. I have made this block before with specialty rulers but never just by piecing so I was anxious to see how it would turn out.
I selected a light textured grey for my background colour and a textured red for my accent.

I was really pleased with how this turned out. Pressing directions are provided that result in all kinds of nesting situations and that helps with making nice crisp intersections. In fact I was so happy with this that I made another red block and two black blocks.
With some insulated batting such as thermolam this will make a nice table topper for my daughter who has a black dining room table. Stop on over to the Fat Quarter Shop blog (here) to view the helpful video or to purchase your pattern. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment