Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Welcome to my Stop on the Oh Sew Kat Doll Clothes Blog Hop

Sugar and Spice
Bloomer Buddies
I was able to finish these two outfits for the Oh Sew Kat Doll Clothes Blog Hop. I can't begin to tell you just how much fun I had working on these two little outfits. The Sugar and Spice outfit on the left comes with a dress pattern and what I call a pinafore. Some would call it a sleeveless dress. The instructions were so clear and I really liked the way they came with their own checklist to help you keep track of where you were. (Especially handy for people who get many interruptions while sewing). I added the scarf because the doll owner's Grandma,  who has a far better developed fashion sense than I do, suggested it would be a good accessory. The Grandma also told me that pink was a favourite colour so I made the Bloomer Buddies dress in a pink stripe with a plain pink yoke.
Both patterns require some basic sewing skills but the size makes them much easier to sew than Barbie clothes.

Here I am with the happy recipient. Ivy loaned me her doll so I could tell if the clothes fit and in return she now has two new outfits for her doll. I helped her with the velcro on one and she was good to go on the velcro with the second one. Note that we are all wearing glasses. I was surprised but pleased to see glasses on Ivy's doll. Accessories for dolls have changed in the past 30+ years since I had anyone around me who played with dolls. Ivy has been wearing glasses since she was an infant.
I would love to make more of these outfits and if Ivy's reaction was any indication they would be popular.
Thank you for dropping by my stop on the Blog Hop. If you want to see and/or purchase these or other designs made by Oh Sew Kat you can visit her blog at  https://ohsewkat.wordpress.com/
If you have not had a chance to visit some of the other blog stops here is an updated list.
January 15th: Seams Sew Lo (Intro)
January 16th: Seams Sew Lo
January 18th: Sew Haute Blog
January 19th: Seams Like Style
January 22nd: Elli & Nels
January 23rd: Quilts by Joanne
January 24th: Granma Texas Sews
January 25th: Stitched by Jennie
January 26th: Sewing with D
January 29th: Our Play Place
January 31st: Hazelnut Handmade
February 1st: Dear Daydream

Piecefully, Joanne

9 comments:

  1. The pinafore and scarf with the dress make it an amazing outfit. I totally agree about the doll accessories. Isn’t it great that little girls can have things like glasses for their dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little outfits! I agree, the accessories are really amazing. I love the little pinafore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie you are to make new outfits for Ivy's doll! Great picture of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little dresses for a cute little girl. Ivy is going to want to loan you her doll quite often I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! The doll is so stylish with her accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing you with the doll and the sweet girl those dresses go to. Nice job with the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so cute. I love the Sugar and Spice dress particularly. Makes me think of Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice outfit. She sure seemed happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete