Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hands to Help progress report and more scraps turned into tops

These two quilt tops will eventually become my Hands to Help donations for this year. The one on the upper left started as some 9 patches and some 1 1/2" strips. It grew to this point, (35" x 43"). The one on the right is a bit smaller at 26" x 30". It is all 1 1/2" squares sewn together as leaders and enders. I am working on another one and will definitely make it bigger. My younger grandson held these up for me. He thought I should hold them up since I made the quilts. And he would take the pictures. I won that particular discussion.
He and I went to see the new Jungle Book movie on Saturday afternoon. That showing was 2D. His older brother said he didn't want to go. Good choice. Grandson number 2 liked it but we both figured number one would have found it a bit too much. I did close my eyes for the snake part.
Only sewing that has happened this weekend is some mending of trousers. Piecefully, Joanne

Linking with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict (here) and Cynthia for Oh Scrap! (here)

7 comments:

  1. Little bitty squares dancing - makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much tiny work and I would get crossovers. Lookin good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such tiny little squares. Love these. What a super helper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tops are looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice quilts. I am glad to see I am not the only person who saves 1.5" squares. I have sewn all of mine and I am not cutting 1.5" squares anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful tops those are. I really, REALLY like your 9-patch one. I save 2.5" squares. 2" ones get mailed to a teenager in Utah, and anything smaller than 1.5 gets tossed. =) Even so, scraps overrun my quilt room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was wonderful and excellent. I had a great time reading it because it was precisely what I needed. I recently read a piece on this subject Canuckle Word. a fun way to kill time and work on your vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete