Sunday, July 5, 2015

A scrappy selection

Hubby decided it was time for some of my quilt stash to find homes. He selected a large group from the closet and I could pick from those the ones that could move on to new homes. I like to wash my quilts before they leave here. No cats, dogs or smokers but I figure I want them to have the roughest treatment here before they get to somewhere where the treatment may not be gentle. These are primarily lap or baby size quilts. Some will go to the Scrapbag group and others to Project Linus.
Piecefully, Joanne

Linking up with Cynthia's Oh Scrap!  at Quilting is more fun than housework (here)

9 comments:

  1. Don't they all look great up on the line! {And, I read this out loud to Mr D. but told him NOT to get any ideas!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are still looking for good homes for any of them my charity Covered in Love (http://katandcatquilts.blogspot.com/p/covered-in-love.html) takes quilts for this families of patients who pass away in the hospital :) They look great all hung up like that, I especially like the blue one in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne, that is so giving of you. I struggle to give mine away which is sad because they should be used. I just like to make them and get them out every now and again to admire. It is really very silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some folks will be very happy. So long as I have a photo of my quilts, I can part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am another one who struggles with giving quilts away, but I'm going to try to do better! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of quilts and I am sure you will find loving homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love your picture....fun to think of all the quilty hugs they will be giving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous quilts! I know they are hard to give up, but they will be a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty photo! So wonderfully sweet of you to let them go and bring comfort to others. Thanks for sharing your giving heart with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete